Thursday, January 17, 2008

James McAvoy says wife doesn’t mind him doing on-screen sex scenes

James McAvoyBritish actor James McAvoy says his wife doesn't mind him doing on-screen sex scenes - because that's how they met.

The Atonement star and Anne-Marie Duff met on the set of television drama Shameless, where they played a TV couple.

"I think she gets it. She's an actress as well," he told US chat show host Craig Ferguson, when asked what his wife thought of his love scenes with Keira Knightley.

"My wife and I met doing a sex scene in a TV show. I made a bit of an idiot of myself, but I will not ever go into that."

The 28-year-old actor assured the talk show host he did not have real sex with Knightley during their passionate Atonement scenes. "You don't actually have real sex. It could actually be debatable that I've ever had real sex," he joked.

Atonement, adapted from Ian McEwan's critically acclaimed novel, won two Golden Globe Awards this year - including Best Motion Picture Drama. It has also received 14 BAFTA nominations and is hotly tipped for Oscar success.

McAvoy has been touring the world promoting the movie - but claims to have avoided any wild partying.

He told Ferguson he went to bed at 10.30pm in Vegas and was not a fan of strip joints. "I can't do that, I get too intimidated. I feel shy," he said.

"And sometimes if I'm not working out I get bigger boobs than the women."

By Owen Williams, Jan 17 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker