Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Jason Donovan says exercise got him through his drug addiction

Jason DonovanAussie soap star Jason Donovan believes exercise got him through his drug addiction.

The former Neighbours pin-up says focusing on improving his fitness helped him win his fight with cocaine addiction in the nineties.

The I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here star was rumoured to have turned to the class A drug because he couldn't get over his split with former on-screen girlfriend Kylie Minogue.

At the height of his addiction the heartbroken singer was said to have snorted more than three grams of cocaine every day.

The 39-year-old has been clean for more than seven years. He said:  "When drugs are involved people have to want to change.

"Exercise is an important part of mental stability and I think it got me through.

"Having a partner who chose me and put me in a different direction helped obviously for me as well," he said on the BBC's The One Show.

By Kim Gregory, Jan 29 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker