Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Paul McCartney denies heart surgery reports

Paul McCartneyMusic legend Sir Paul McCartney says he "feels great" following recent reports he underwent secret heart surgery.

The Beatles legend, 65, who was reported to have undergone an emergency  coronary angioplasty last autumn - claims he had tests after doctors discovered a minor irregularity with his heartbeat, but insists he has now been given the all-clear.

He said: "People are ringing and texting me saying, 'Are you OK?' and I hadn't seen the report so I was puzzled by so many inquiries about my health.

"So I think it's a good time to put this rumour to rest. What happened was over a year ago during a routine medical examination, there was a minor irregularity which I needed to have tests for and which I have now been assured is completely fine.

"The reports have completely distorted the story, calling it an angioplasty, which is entirely untrue.

"I'm happy to say that I feel great and I have passed my most recent medical with flying colours."

Paul - who is currently embroiled in a bitter divorce battle with estranged wife Heather Mills, also thanked his friends and family for their sympathy.

He added: "I would like to thank all of you and my friends and relatives for your concern and I'm very happy to put your minds at rest, although I have secretly been enjoying all the sympathy I've been getting!"

By Owen Williams, Jan 30 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker