Thursday, January 31, 2008

Eva Longoria wears a hairpiece

Eva LongoriaEva Longoria Parker has let the world in on her big secret - she wears a hairpiece.

The Desperate Housewives actress spilled her beauty tip on US TV on daytime chat show Live with Regis and Kelly.

When she walked on to the stage with her hair a bouncy, long bob, co-host Kelly Ripa said: "I love the hair."

Gutsy, down-to-earth Longoria Parker replied: "Oh honey it's not mine. It's fake. It's a wig."

The 32-year-old then began to explain in minute detail how her look was put together giving all the credit to the celebrity hairdresser she shares with singer Jessica Simpson.

She said: "Ken Paves is my hairdresser so he has all these hair pieces. He has short, long, curly, straight - with seven sensitive pressure clips.

"You can clip them in. I'd take them out right now [and show you] but he'd kill me."

When the newlywed was asked if her husband, basketball player Tony Parker, can still run his fingers through her hair when she wears these pieces, the actress put them straight. She said: "No. There's no way."

Leaning back in her seat, with her arms blocking her hair she said that she tells her husband: "Woo, no, no, woo.'

"Even with my own hair," Longoria Parker jokes. "I don't letno, no."

The actress who married Parker in France last year said that married life was "great" and one good thing about the Hollywood writers' strike is that she could spend time with her husband in their Texas home. She said: "I'm a total NBA wife."

But she added that she loved the recent Screen Actors Guild awards because it meant that she got to see her Desperate Housewives co-stars again for the first time in months, since the strike began.

Longoria Parker said: "It was like a high school reunion. We hadn't seen everybody and we were like: 'Oh my God'."

The actress spent the rest of the show, however, making her hosts laugh by telling them about her recent trip to the UK.

She said while the British paparazzi were "crazy", so too were the TV talk show hosts that asked her rude questions. "You know what's crazy?" Longoria Parker asked Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa. "The talk shows over there. They'll go: 'This is the Regis and Kelly of London' and then they go 'This is the David Letterman of London'.

"It's crazy. On the night one - The Jonathan Ross Show - you can cuss. He asks you crazy, crazy questions.

"And then they speak funny - I mean proper English. We speak funny.

"I had bangs. Kenny had a straight bang piece that he puts on. And I said: 'Look at my bangs' and bangs apparently mean something sexual.

"And they say fringe: 'Oh fringe. It's a fringe'. I'm like: 'I don't know'. Then he says something else."

At this point Regis, 76, a veteran TV host asked the actress: "So, they ask tough, probing questions?"

But Longoria Parker stuns the presenter with her response. "Not tough," she said, "Crazy."

She told Regis and Kelly that Ross asked her: "Do you fart?"

A visibly shocked Regis cringed and asked: "What happened to the British nobility and civility? No more, huh?"

Longoria Parker said: "No more. And that's how we started the interview."

Regis then asked the actress: "And what was the answer to that question?" He immediately thought better of it and said: "I don't want to know. I don't want to know."

But Longoria Parker reassured him saying, tongue-in-cheek: "I don't fart. I never have gas."

At which point Ripa says: "I knew it. I knew it. She's perfect. Ken actually has an anti-gas hairpiece."

Longoria Parker's new film is called Over Her Dead Body and opens around the world on February 1.

By Owen Williams, Jan 31 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker