Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Kylie Minogue never considered retiring

Kylie MinogueAustralian pop princess Kylie Minogue says she never considered retiring from music after being diagnosed with breast cancer.

The 39-year-old '2 Hearts' singer -  who was told she had the life threatening disease in 2005 and is now in remission - always knew she would continue being a pop star even during her darkest hours.

Kylie, who has had a hugely successful music career spanning over 20 years, said: "You do tend to hear more about people who have said, 'That's it. I'm going to go in a completely different direction.' And I think I would have had a valid excuse. But that's not me. I'm not finished. I get joy out of what I do. I'm ready to go on."

The pint-sized superstar is currently promoting her 10th studio album, 'X', and is preparing for her European tour which kicks off in May.

Kylie has also confessed she hates talking about her cancer battle and tries not to think about it if she can.

Minogue, who underwent months of grueling chemotherapy treatment, said: "I don't have a nice little phrase to summarize what that meant, or what it did, or how I've changed. I don't like to talk about it too much. I'm sure the day will come where I will be more forward about it."

By Owen Williams, Jan 30 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker