Monday, January 21, 2008

Jo Guest facing financial ruin after being struck down with a mystery illness.

Glamour model Jo Guest is facing financial ruin after being struck down with a mystery illness.

The former Page 3 favourite said the bug had left her so exhausted that she was unable to work - and she cannot afford the mortgage on her home.

She has put the flat on the market and has been selling off memorabilia from her modelling days on internet auction website eBay.

Jo, 35, said: "I've had a CT scan, blood tests. They can't find what's wrong which is really annoying.

"I'm desperate for a diagnosis."

The lads' mag pin-up said her only income was from her website.

She said: "I've been selling everything I can - knickers from my Page 3 days, the nurse's outfit I wore in the Blur video, which I was hanging onto because that was happy memories, my Through The Keyhole key.

"Things like that that you can't replace but I couldn't risk losing my home so I had to sell those to make up the mortgage payments."

The illness has left Jo lethargic, nauseous, and disorientated.

At one stage she was vomiting up to five times a day and her stomach is constantly swollen.

She said: "I first noticed bloating around my stomach. I was doing a job and a dress that I'd been wearing started to feel a bit tight.

"And then some boots that I was wearing, my calves started to swell up as well.

"During the day it (my stomach) would get quite hard. That happened for quite a while.

"Then I started to get really tired. My muscles, despite the exercise, were weakening.

"There was the drowsiness, the confusion and then it went into nausea and sickness."

Jo said: "We've just got the medication right now where I've stopped being sick but I still feel sick all day."

The mystery bug came on at a time when Jo had adopted a healthier lifestyle. She said: "I'd stopped drinking, I'd stopped smoking, I was having my five fruit and veg a day I'd even started jogging.

"I was doing everything healthy.

"At first I just thought my body was in shock because I'd cleaned up my act and thought it was my body changing to the healthier lifestyle

"I waited two or three months before I went to the doctor."

But despite having endless tests, Jo still doesn't know what is wrong with her.

The only condition doctors could diagnose was oesophagitis - which is when the lining of the gullet is inflamed - possibly caused by vomiting. "I've had it for 14 months now," said Jo, who is virtually housebound.

"I just want the doctor to tell me there is nothing wrong with me," she said on ITV's This Morning.

Jo first rose to fame in the Nineties.

She starred in pop videos, went on The Big Breakfast with Robbie Williams and even gave a speech to the Oxford Union.

By Owen Williams, Jan 21 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker