Monday, December 31, 2007

Rihanna says fame makes her feel lonely and unhappy

RihannaSinger Rihanna says fame has made her feel lonely and unhappy.

The 'Umbrella' songstress , 19, revealed her rapid rise to fame and success has exposed her to the dark side of celebrity.

She said: "Fame is lonely. At first, I was on an adrenaline high - this is my dream. I'm actually doing it, it didn't phase me that I was alone, that I wasn't with the people I love. But after a while it gets repetitive and that is when you think, 'Oh wow, I am sitting in a hotel room once again, just me and the television.'

"When you are in the spotlight, people are like, 'What do you have to worry about?' They forget that the success is one great aspect of your life, but behind that there are problems, there are dark sides, there is loneliness and unhappiness."

The singer - who is rumored to be dating actor Josh Hartnett, also admits that she has struggled to make real friends in the music industry - because she hasn't been able to trust anyone.

The singer, famous for annoying the world with the lyrics "You can stand under my Umbrella, Ella ella eh eh eh," added: "In this business people are shallow, they are dishonest. You can't trust them.

"I have always had a thing for reading people. When I come into contact with a situation or a person, the first thing I do is just sit quiet for a little while. I sit and watch you.

"It really helps me to understand how to play the game, and sometimes you have to play it. It is a game that really sucks."

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker