Sunday, December 30, 2007

Billie Piper feels sorry for Amy Winehouse

Billie PiperBillie Piper - she was a pop star at 15, and got married to multi-millionaire TV presenter at the age of 18 - and even managed to secure herself an impressive Television career before she hit 25, which is why she says she feels sorry for her fellow star Amy Winehouse, who is currently battling pressures of her own.

"I was at Sylvia Young’s Theater School in London with Amy Winehouse and she was a mate," Piper, 25, told Britain's Daily Star Sunday newspaper.

"I wouldn’t be so presumptuous as to give her advice as she battles her demons, she has to work things out for herself. But I hope she has people around her who take care of her."

Both Piper and Winehouse fought battles with their eating, and both have had tumultuous relationship histories, while coping with the perils of reaching celebrity status at young ages.

Piper, best known for portraying Rose Tyler in Doctor Who, added: "I love Amy – I hope there’s a happy ending, particularly because she is so talented. Her lyrics are so painful and angst-ridden, beautifully written, well-observed stuff. She’s a very clever musician."

Billie - who, in 1998 became the youngest artist ever to debut at number one in the UK singles chart with "Because We Want To" also insisted that she'd never be tempted to do the music thing again herself.

"I’d almost certainly never go back to the music business. There were aspects of it which I didn’t care for at all. I always felt slightly fraudulent, frankly, as a singer because I knew acting was what I really wanted to do," she said.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker