Friday, December 28, 2007

Lily Allen says she won’t release a range of maternity clothing

Lily AllenPregnant pop singer Lily Allen insists she won't be bringing out her own range of maternity clothes - because it sets "a bad example".

The 'Smile' singer, 22, who's expecting her first child with boyfriend Ed Simons of the Chemical Brothers, whom she has been dating since September, already has a range of dresses and accessories on sale at high street chain New Look.

But when opening the Harrods winter sale earlier this afternoon, (12/28/2007) - Lily said said she won't be extending it to cover new mothers.

"I've had quite a lot of offers from people to do my own maternity range - but I don't think it's the right message to send to young people.

"I'm quite young, but my demographic is young girls - and I don't think they should be buying maternity clothes."

Lily also said that she will never raise her children in America, because she reckons US women are too "high-maintenance".

She said: "You feel like a complete state in the US if you don't make an effort.

"I remember getting a manicure in New York and this lady who was having a forearm wax, which I'd never even heard of before, looked at me and said: 'You will need one soon.'

"They make you feel really bad about yourself unless you are completely pruned everywhere.

"I hate that modern way of thinking that you have to go to the gym 10 times a week, you can't eat this and you can't eat that and you should get a spray tan.

"All that preening makes you look worse anyway."

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker