Sunday, February 10, 2008

Mel C admits she was a bad role model for kids

Melanie CMel C has admitted she was a bad role model for kids while she was a Spice Girl.

The singer - real name Melanie Chisholm - said she led an unhealthy lifestyle when the band was at the peak of their fame in the nineties.

Mel, known as Sporty Spice, admitted starving herself and working out too much. And she confessed to having several "issues" when she was thrust into the spotlight.

She said: "I had issues the first time out with the Spice Girls. I wasn't eating properly.

"I was exercising obsessively, and I was underweight. I was a terrible role model to girls."

Mel, 33, is currently back on the road with her former band-mates as they perform around the globe on their reunion tour. She previously swore they would not get back together.

But she said she had changed her mind since the started performing again.

She told a US newspaper: "Being Sporty Spice again is like taking a vacation from me. It keeps me sane knowing that I can be a Spice

Girl and an individual. "I need that balance."

And she said she was proud of her time in the band, which became known for heralding the rise of "girl power".

She added: "The girl-power movement was very important. We were a girl band in a boy-band world."

Since quitting the Spice Girls, Mel C has enjoyed a thriving solo career. She has had 10 chart-topping singles in the UK.

The Spice Girls are rumoured to be pocketing a massive $10 million USD EACH from the reunion tour.

By Gavin Wilson, Feb 10 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker