Friday, February 29, 2008

Scientology helped Jeff Conway kick drugs

Jeff ConwayJeff Conway has revealed he kicked his drug habit by practicing the controversial religion of Scientology.

The former 'Taxi' star, who recently starred in VH1's Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, revealed: "I’ve been doing Scientology…my doctor was like, Holy cow, he says whatever you’ve been doing keep doing it because it’s really working."

Conway also revealed that his former 'Grease' co-star John Travolta introduced him to the religion - that also counts Tom Cruise and wife Katie Holmes as members.  "John and I stayed friends but he couldn’t watch me going down the tubes…he gave me a whole library of Scientology books and he’s given me an auditor who comes almost every day."

Conaway also revealed he can’t wait to get back in front of the camera. "I’m going to be strong and healthy and totally together," he tells Inside Edition in an interview to air Monday, March 3rd. "I’ve got to get ready for my Academy Award.”

By Owen Williams, Feb 29 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker