Thursday, February 28, 2008

Jessica Simpson heading to Kuwait

Jessica SimpsonJessica Simpson is heading to Kuwait to entertain Americans in uniform, the actress says on a fan site.

"Hey ya'll. I just wanted to say hi, and let you know that I am hard at work on my country record, and I can't wait to share it will all of you," she said. "I am heading to Kuwait to do a show for the troops, then back in the studio.

"I love you all and am so blessed by the support and love you show me everyday!! xoxo jess"

The Kuwait concert will take place on March 10, a source close to the former 'Newly Weds' star has revealed.

It won't be Simpson's first troop visit - she and then-husband Nick Lachey visited Ramstein Air Base in Germany, where they spent several days as part of a USO-hosted tour in 2005.

And  last year -- proving she's a true philanthropist -- the singer-turned actress gave generously to an orphanage in Mexico.
"I'm so honored and happy to be able to help," she said at the time.

Simpson, 26, is currently dating Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.

By Owen Williams, Feb 28 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker