Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ellen Page left “star-struck” by Kate Winslet

Ellen PageEllen Page poses in a men's tuxedo for US magazine Interview.

The Oscar-nominated Juno star told how she was left stunned when Titanic star Kate Winslet approached her at a party. But she said despite her sudden rise to fame she is managing to keep her feet firmly on the ground.

She said: "I went to the National Board of Review [NBR] Awards last night and met Kate Winslet, whom I adore.

"I was all star-struck and trying to be supercool but she came over to me."

Asked what her idea of a perfect day is, she replied: "Maybe wake up, have some delicious coffee, eat some delicious fruit, and then go for a bike ride to a lake and bring a good book.

"And read and swim and read and swim - just something super simple, I guess; mellow."

But Page did admit she can become obsessed with the film roles she takes on.

Page, 21, lost out on a Best Actress award at Sunday's Academy Awards. She had been tipped to take the prize for her breakthrough role in the teen pregnancy comedy, Juno. French star Marion Cotillard took the gong instead for her performance as singer Edith Piaf in La Vie En Rose.

Page was quizzed by Drew Barrymore for the March 2008 issue of Interview. She said: "I definitely tend to become obsessive.

"But it's also something I get high on.

"It can be a bit of a struggle to keep myself focused at first, but that struggle is also what forces everything to become ingrained."

She added: "I just love acting so much that I become a bit of a selfish jerk, you know?

"I completely lose touch with people."

By Gavin Wilson, Feb 27 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker