Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mischa Barton charged with DUI, drug possession

Mischa Barton police mugshotHollywood actress Mischa Barton has been hit with four charges stemming from her December DUI arrest.

Barton - who played television beauty Marissa Cooper in The O.C. - has been charged with possession of marijuana, driving under the influence, driving without a license and driving with a blood alcohol level of above 0.8%.

The charges were made following the the actress' December 27 arrest.

According to the police report at the time, Barton was pulled over in West Hollywood, California, when cops saw her driving in the middle of two lanes and failing to signal when making a turn.

The star spent about seven hours in jail on the night of her arrest and was later released on $10,000 bail. She is scheduled to appear in court on February 28

Barton accepted her responsibility for the arrest on the Ryan Seacrest radio show after her release. "Obviously, I'm 100 percent responsible for my actions in this case, and I'm really disappointed in myself. I don't know what to say about it except I'm not perfect," she said.

"I just don't ever intend to do something this stupid again," she added.

Barton said she was apprehended by authorities in West Hollywood while she was heading home after going out with friends. "It was the end of the night, and I just wanted to get my car home. I usually try not to get behind the wheel," she said.
Barton added that she did not get a license because she grew up in New York, "the land of people who don't have to drive."

By Eric Munn, Feb 27 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker