Friday, February 29, 2008

Ellen DeGeneres talks dog food

Ellen DeGeneresChat show Titan Ellen DeGenres is getting kudos from her pet pooches -- after introducing her very own brand of pet food.

"I should have done it a long time ago," Ellen tells Parade magazine about her new feline venture. "I was waiting for the right thing."

The new pet food remains unnamed -- but Ellen, 50, plans to take a leaf out of  salad dressing king Paul Newman's book. "We’re tentatively calling it Ellen's Own," she adds. "Sort of like Paul Newman's Own.

"We're still working on the name."

DeGenres' pet food can be eaten by humans -- but Ellen herself is yet to indulge. "I have not tasted it yet," she said "A lot of my people have. I have my people taste it first. I have people tasters. No, my life's going pretty good. I don't need to eat it yet.

The pet food is completely natural -- so it's suitable for even the most pampered pets. "People love their animals so much so that they put little clothes on them and necklaces and booties and things like that," said Ellen. "And if you love your animal, then you should feed them something that's not dangerous for them.

"There's a lot of poisonous stuff that they’re putting in a lot of that food, those by-products."

By Owen Williams, Feb 29 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker