Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Piers Morgan launches scathing attack on Keira Knightley

Piers MorganCelebrity Apprentice contestant and America's Got Talent judge Piers Morgan has launched a scathing attack at 'irritating' Keira Knightley.

The former tabloid editor, 42, said: "She moans about being famous and then does endless photo sessions. You can't use the media to promote yourself and then attack them! My message to Keira is: 'If you'd like me to get off your case, stop bleating!' Most people would change their lives in a flash to have a tenth of what people like her have. Being famous is brilliant."

Since being fired as the editor of Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper in 2004, Piers has landed himself a string of lucrative TV spots - which have  turned him into a household name. He admits: "I get recognized [in England] and in the States all the time now. I'm equally famous in each, but people are nicer to me in America.

"I cop a bit of abuse in the UK for being obnoxious, but they're much more polite [in America]."

Having devoted his life to becoming a 'celebrity', Piers brags that he's richer than ever and receives endless freebies, "I had a great Pretty Woman moment recently when the wardrobe girls from America's Got Talent took me shopping on Rodeo Drive in Beverley Hills," he tells Britain's Closer magazine. "We spent $12,000 in just over an hour. We did Armani, Hugo Boss and Dolce & Gabbana. Who wouldn't want to be famous when that kind of thing happens?"

By Owen Williams, Feb 26 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker