Saturday, January 19, 2008

Tom Cruise: “psychiatry doesn’t work”

Tom Cruise Scientolgy VideoTom Cruise exclaims "psychiatry doesn’t work" in the latest bizarre video to surface on online.

In the video - which had been removed from the Google owned video sharing website YouTube - after the Church of Scientology claimed copyright infringement, the 'Top Gun' actor dismisses psychiatry and claims that Scientologists "have the ability to crush" drug companies.

Alternating between laughing and whispering, the 46-year-old actor says, “We [Scientologists] actually have an easier time getting people off heroin and methadone than these psychiatric drugs, and I’ve worked very diligently to educate people about this.

"We have the ability to be able to fight [drug companies] to be able to crush these guys."

Staring intently into the camera, he declares, "Oh, I’m going hard on those guys, and their reign psychiatrists. I've had…I mean…I’ve absolutely had it. It’s disgusting to me No mercy None Psychiatry doesn’t work.

"When you study the effects…it’s a crime against humanity."

The actor, married to actress Katie Holmes, then goes on to recall a meeting he had with a journalist. "I was doing an interview with someone [and] she said, 'I want to know who you are,'" Cruise said,"and I said, 'I KnowI’m a Scientologist.'"

By Owen Williams, Jan 19 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker