Friday, January 18, 2008

Hilary Clinton opens up about husband’s affair

Hilary Clinton on Tyra BanksHilary Clinton has spoken out for the first time about her husband's affair with Monica Lewinsky - 10 years after the scandal that shook the White House.

The Presidential Candidate admitted she had been embarrassed by hubby Bill's cheating, but knew all along that he loved her. "Because I had tremendous faith, number one, I really had to dig down deep and think hard about what was right for me and what was right for my family," she told US talk show host Tyra Banks.

"I never doubted Bill's love for me - ever - and I never doubted my faith and my commitment to our daughter and our extended family."

Hilary, 60, chose to open up about how she dealt with the Lewinsky scandal as she fights to become the next US president.

The Democratic candidate was left humiliated after it emerged her husband had cheated on her with the former White House intern.

Bill initially swore under oath that he "did not have sexual relations" with Lewinsky - but later admitted that he had misled the American public.

Lewinsky revealed her relationship with the President involved oral sex, but not sexual intercourse.

Asked by Banks if she had been embarrassed by the affair, Hilary replied: "Sure, all of that. "But I was just praying so hard and thinking so hard about what's right to do that I couldn't let anything else interfere with that.

"The momentary feelings - you're mad, you're really upset, you're disappointed - all of that goes through your mind.

"But I have found that you really shouldn't make decisions in the heat of those moments. You have to think about it."

Hilary said women whose husbands have cheated on them often ask her what they should do - but she argued that every case was unique. "I say you have to be true to yourself. No one story is the same as any other story," she said.

"I don't know your reality. I can't possibly substitute my judgment for yours, but what I can tell you is you must be true to yourself. You have to do what is right for you."

By Joanne Clements, Jan 18 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker