Friday, January 18, 2008

Gordon Ramsay chased by knife-wielding chef

Gordon RamsayGordon Ramsay has revealed how he met his match in America when an irate chef chased him down the street with a knife.

The outspoken cook said he was annoyed with the man for using frozen food during filming of his show Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares USA - so he lashed out at him.

"A guy came for me and chased me down La Brea, he was an ex-actor who couldn't cook," said Ramsay.

"He came running at me with a knife."

Ramsay, 41, revealed why the chef saw red. "I got really upset with him because everything was slightly fake in a way.

"He was using frozen food defrosted, he didn't have the intelligence to make fresh pizza dough even though we had a machine that makes it.

"We had all these pizza tossers in and after working for days on end to get these guys to toss dough perfectly, he went back to using frozen dough, which really cheesed me off."

"I said to him, 'in all the restaurants I've worked in anywhere in the world there's no one I dislike as much as you'."

Fortunately for Ramsay the knife-wielding chef didn't catch up with him after his security pounced, he revealed on Richard and Judy.

The Michelin starred chef then stood up to show off his washboard stomach and spoke about his bizarre method for getting fit. "I was just over 18 stone and was properly fat, so I did something about it," he said.

"I got a rucksack, filled it with potatoes and ran in this air chamber, it's extraordinary.

"Antony Worrall Thompson would love a tummy like this but he's got no chance."

By Owen Williams, Jan 18 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker