Monday, February 25, 2008

Tilda Swinton has never watched the Oscars

Tilda SwintonBrit actress Tilda Swinton admitted she had never watched the Oscars - and was expecting pole dancing and mud wrestling.

The 'Michael Clayton' star, nominated for Best Supporting Actress, admitted on the red carpet she had never tuned in for Hollywood's biggest night.

She told E! Entertainment host Ryan Seacrest: "I've never watched the Oscars in my life.

"This is the closest I have ever been.

"I've not seen it on television and I've no idea what happens here.

"Are there dancing girls? Pole dancing? Mud wrestling at all?

"Do you need plastic wraps?"

Tilda admitted the chance to work with George Clooney helped convince her to sign up for 'Michael Clayton'.

She said: "I just thought it read like the kind of film I loved when I started to see grown-up films and I was a kid sneaking into 70s thrillers.

"The fact it was George Clooney had something to do with it."

Tilda, who has a long-term partner and kids, stirred up a scandal recently by revealing she has a toyboy lover.

The 47-year-old flew into Los Angeles for the Oscars this week with Sandro Kopp, 29, while partner John Byrne, 67, stayed at home in Scotland.

By Iain Burchell, Feb 25 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker