Friday, February 15, 2008

Michelle Williams opens up about Heath Ledger breakup

Michelle WilliamsHeath Ledger's former fiancee Michelle Williams opened up about her breakup with the actor just days before his death.

The 27-year-old actress - who split with Ledger last September - gave an emotional interview to Wonderland Magazine about her life after Heath.

The just-published interview was conducted before Ledger's accidental overdose on January 22.

Williams said: "Obviously so much has changed for me in the last few months that I don't really have an idea of what my life is going to be."

The former Dawson's Creek star hints in the article about the reasons behind their breakup. She said: "I thought I knew certain things and it turned out that I didn't, so I don't really try and anticipate so much anymore.

"I'm not making any bets on the future."

Williams said she was throwing herself into life as a single parent of the former showbiz couple's daughter Matilda, 2. "I love domestic life," she said. "There's been a lot going on in my personal life and part of me is I don't know. I shouldn't talk about it, but it's like I'm re-emerging back into the world or something."

The star said that while the breakup was painful she had managed to find one silver lining in it - less attention from the media. "When you're in a relationship with somebody who is also a public personality, then it doubles the attention from the media.

"When you minus that equation, it's just less enticing. That's been a real bonus. It's the plus side of the break-up for me."

Williams returned to work on the film Mammoth on Monday following Heath Ledger's funeral and memorial service in Perth, Australia over the weekend. In her only public statement since his death Williams said: "My heart is broken."

But the actress has vowed that Matlida - who she says is the spitting image of her father, "will be brought up in the best memories of him.

By Eric Munn, Feb 14 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker