Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Marisa Miller says her whole body was shaved for Sports Illustrated cover shoot

Marisa MillerModel Marisa Miller has revealed her whole body was shaved for her Sports Illustrated cover shoot.

The blonde beauty blushed as she told a US chat show host having her body painted was like being prepped for surgery. And she described how she made a mad dash for her hotel when rain started pouring - because she was scared the paint would was off.

Miller, 29, said her cover shoot for the Sports Illustrated swim-wear edition took three days and was done on the islands of St John and the Turks and Cacos. For part of the spread the supermodel has a bra and panties painted onto her naked body - and prepping started at 2am "It's kind of, I imagine, like getting prepped for surgery," she said.

"I don't know, I've never had surgery, but you have to be fully shaved - even the little peach fuzz everywhere - so you're not obstructing the paint.

"It's 14 hours. It's all hand painted with little brushes. There's a lot of detail."

Miller said they used oil-based paint for the body art, but she feared it would wash off when the heavens opened. "There were torrential downpours all day and we didn't know if we were going to be able to shoot," she told Letterman

"We'd run out when it cleared, shot for 10 minutes, it starts raining on the beach and of course I'm in paint.

"I'm running for the hotel because I don't know if it's waterproof or not, so I wasn't going to stay around to find out."

Miller only found out she was the latest Sports Illustrated cover star when the magazine was unveiled on Monday. "I was told I had a meeting with a client, so I went into my agency and the client was actually there playing along with it," she said.

"I walk into the conference room and I see the editor of Sports Illustrated and she has a poster of the cover and champagne.

"I just kind of hit the wall. I cried - I was kind of wimpy about it - but it was a big deal."

By Joanne Clements, Feb 13 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker