Monday, February 11, 2008

Lenny Kravitz admits being high for 24 years

Lenny KravitzLenny Kravitz has admitted being high - for 24 years.

The rocker said he first tried drugs at the tender of age of 11. And he said he got drunk for the first time at a Jewish party when he was just seven-years-old - but got so sick, he vowed to swear off booze forever.

He told a US music magazine: "I was high from age 11 to 35 [because] I didn't touch alcohol."

Kravitz, 43, said his drug of choice was marijuana - which he carried on using for several decades.

He added: "I drank Manischewitz wine at a Chanukah party when I was seven-years-old and I threw up all over the house.

"I was in bed for a week."

It comes as the reformed musician told how his new album lifts the lid on his rift with his late father.

The singer left the family home when he was just 15 because he couldn't bear to watch his dad, Sy regularly cheat on his mother.

He revealed: "We never saw eye to eye and I moved out when I was 15. I was a mama's boy, and his infidelities were something I took personally."

The pair met and reconciled shortly before Sy died in 2005.

In new track A Long and Sad Goodbye - from Kravitz's latest album It is Time for a Love Revolution - he croons: "Papa why did you turn your back? Why didn't you stay on track?"

By Gavin Wilson, Feb 11 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker