Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Kirstie Alley to launch her own weight loss plan

Kirstie AlleFat Actress Kirstie Alley is setting up her own weight loss plan - after parting ways with diet giant Jenny Craig.

The star, who shed 75 pounds on the Jenny Craig plan, split from the company after three years as their spokeswoman.

But instead of shunning the dieting limelight Alley, who has recently struggled with keeping the weight off, has announced plans to launch her own weight loss brand in the next two years.

Alley, 57, said she: "Hopes to develop and pilot my own weight-loss brand that I hope to launch in 2009.

"My experience with Jenny Craig  was extraordinary. I want to create something new that will help millions of people end the seemingly never ending fatty-roller coaster ride."

The actress, who starred in Cheers and such movies as Look Who's Talking, before poking fun at her weight with her recent TV show Fat Actress, released a huge statement in the US explaining the reasons why she was starting her own diet programme.

She also paid tribute to Jenny Craig and its two new spokespeople - Valerie Bertinelli who has shed 40 pounds on the plan and newly signed Queen Latifah.

And revealed she decided to make the statement after US magazine People ran a story saying she had stepped down as spokeswoman and she was inundated with calls from the press and fans.

Alley's full statement reads: "After lengthy negotiations, regretfully, the Jenny Craig Company and I did not come to an agreement to continue as their spokesperson.

"My relationship with the Jenny Craig Company was nothing short of extraordinary. The people I worked with at Jenny were first rate.

"The program spoke for itself as the world watched me lose 75 pounds. The last three years have been a win-win for all involved, especially all those other Jenny clients who took the journey alongside me.

"Just having them there with me was an inspiration and a motivation to continue. Thank you to all of you from the bottom of my heart.

"J.C. now has two talented pros on board, and I have no doubt that Valerie Bertinelli and Queen Latifah, along with the excellent products in the J.C. program, will steer the ship to continuing success.

" I personally wish them the same excellent results and amazing adventures that I experienced as the J.C. spokesperson.

"Somehow, I've also fallen into the position of "accidental" role model for, apparently, millions of people out there losing weight by whatever means.

"This was something I did not bargain for, or foresee happening. Nevertheless, it is something I've grown to embrace and something I intend to continue to pursue.

"As for me, I am from the school of "you may not be able to reinvent the wheel but you can sure try to better it," which has proven to be a very successful attitude for Michelin tires.

"Even my own mentor left a major weight-loss company when she was 51 years old and struck out on her own to create her own brand that we now know as "the Jenny Craig weight-loss program."

"I had not intended to make this announcement at this time, but after an online PEOPLE magazine article ran last Friday, announcing that I had stepped down as Jenny's spokesperson, I found myself bombarded with inquiries from the media and fans.

"So I guess it's as good of a time as any to announce that I intend to develop and pilot my own weight-loss brand that I hope to launch in 2009.

"The weight-loss field is wide open and not immune to new ideas and improved solutions for the fat problems that plague many of us Americans every day.

"I want to create something new that will help millions of people end the seemingly never ending fatty-roller coaster ride.

"I am especially passionate about seeing to it that our next generations are not struggling with the same weight issues that my generation has struggled with.

"There was a time when America was not fat, and that was in our not-so-distant past.

"I'm confident that I can create something exciting and innovative: something that if all goes well, will help change a fat America back into a fit America and will offer this country the healthiest, yummiest, easiest and most effective weight-loss program on the market.

"If not, I'll see you at Central Casting.

"Oh, but hey, don't "Call Kirstie" just yet. You'll be on hold too long. Call me next year."

By Nicola Pittam, Feb 19 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker