Monday, February 11, 2008

Kanye West fumes at Grammy producers for trying to cut short his acceptance speech

Kanye WestKanye West fumed at the Grammy Awards when producers tried to cut short his acceptance speech dedicating the rapper's win to his dead mother.

Producers of the show played music to try to hurry him off stage as he accepted  the Best Rap Album of the Year gong for his hit-album 'Graduation'.

Not even Kanye's white sunglasses could hide his disgust as he fumed: "Come on? You're going to play music on me?"

"Just to say something about my mother. I appreciate all the support and all the prayers . . . . It would be in good spirit to stop the music."

When the background music stopped the crowd cheered as Kanye paid an emotional tribute to mother Donda West, who died late last year following complications after plastic surgery.

Kanye went on: "I know you are really proud of me right now and I know you wouldn't want me to stop. You want me to be the number one artist in the world and mama, all I'm going to do is keep making you proud. We run this."

Earlier in the televised show, West performed 'Stronger' wearing a jacket with flashing LED lights and was joined on stage by French techno group Daft Punk.

It was the long-running duo's first-ever TV performance in a career that has lasted almost 15 years.

Kanye's voice than cracked with emotion as he performed the song 'Hey Mamma' from his earlier album 'Late Registration.'

Kanye landed a pair of victories before the televised ceremony started, grabbing Best Rap Solo Performance for the hit single "Stronger" and Best Rap Song for "Good Life.

By Eric Munn, Feb 11 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker