Thursday, February 14, 2008

Janet Jackson “allergic” to marriage

Janet JacksonSexy singer Janet Jackson has revealed she is allergic to marriage.

The star joked that she is jinxed when it comes to tying the knot and revealed she has no plans to wed long time boyfriend and record producer Jermaine Dupri. The couple have been dating since 2002 and Janet confessed family and friends have been pressuring her to settle down.
But after two failed marriages to James DeBarge from 1984 to 1985 and to Rene Elizondo from 1986 to 1999, the singer insists she is now allergic to getting hitched.

Janet told US TV show The Insider: "If it's meant to happen, it'll happen.

"I like where we are, and I'm happy where I am. I've done it twice before. I'm afraid I might be a jinx. I might be allergic to marriage.

"So many people were putting pressure on Jermaine, then they started pressuring me.

"Everybody would ask us about it - even friends."

As for children, Janet admits that the couple would both love to have kids but says she doesn't know when that will happen either.

She added: "We both would love to have kids. Someday I know it's going to happen. Exactly when, I don't know."

But even at 41, Janet insists she is not obsessing about her biological clock. She recently said: "I get so much pressure even my mother mentioned something to me the other day.

"But now you can have your eggs frozen and there are all sorts of things you can do. I've still got time so I think I'm okay."

"I've got to get a little more kid out of me first before I move on and be childish with my child."

By Owen Williams, Feb 14 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker