Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Heath Ledger died from “acute intoxication”

Heath LedgerHollywood star Heath Ledger died from "acute intoxication" after taking a cocktail of drugs, it was confirmed today.

Toxicology results showed the Brokeback Mountain star had consumed a vast number of different prescription pills before being found dead in bed in New York.

Drugs in his system included oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine, a mixture of pain killers and sleeping pills.

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications," the medical examiner's office confirmed.

Ledger was found unconscious in his SoHo apartment on January 22 and pronounced dead on arrival by paramedics. Many of the drugs were found around his body.

The report comes as Ledger's family have arrived home in Australia ready to bury his body.

By Lee Brown, Feb 06 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker