Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sam Lutfi admits giving Britney Spears “a handful of pills”

Sam Lutfi and Britney SpearsSam Lutfi has responded to claims made by Britney Spears' mom, Lynne, that he "drugged her daughter" - saying he gave the star "a handful of pills" before her parents arrived at the singer's Beverly Hills home last week.

"I said these pills are working wonders, they are miracle pills," he recalls. Spears, Lutfi says, agreed that the pills were helping her sleep.

In their restraining order filed yesterday, Britney's parents accused Lutfi of drugging their daughter and being verbally abusive. Jamie, who has been named as Britney's conservator, "is doing what he has to do to save Britney," a source tells Us Weekly magazine.

Lutfi says only he and Spears - who is one of nearly six million American adults suffering from bipolar disorder, and her psychiatrist know what brought on her the illness "roughly five years ago."

When the ambulance arrived to take Spears, "she was very quiet," Lutfi says.

"When I told her, she wrote me a note and put a big heart on it and it said, 'I love you, Sam. Are there people coming? Circle yes or no,'" Lutfi recalls. "Oh, my God, it was funny, just the cutest little thing. I circled yes and I gave it back to her, and she looked at me and she's like, 'Oh, lord, here we go again.'"

Meanwhile, a new Rolling Stone magazine interview with Lutfi hit newsstands in the US today. In it, Lutfi claims to have been making notes for a possible biography on Spears.

He told the magazine: "We've been doing dictation, she's been telling me her story, and I've been writing it all down.

"It would make a great book!"

By Owen Williams, Feb 06 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker