Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Geri Halliwell: “Cruz was a little star”

Geri HalliwellCruz Beckham stole the show at the Spice Girls' gig in Madison Square Garden with his on-stage breakdancing routine Monday - and Geri Halliwell, for one, has nothing but praise for Victoria Beckham's youngest son.

"Victoria’s son Cruz was a little star," the singer, 35, writes on the official Spice Girls blog. "We all had our children up on stage tonight and Cruz started break dancing! How cool is that? It’s clearly in the family."

Geri also spoke of the the band's performance last night - and despite reports of constant feuding between Mel B, Mel C, Emma, Victoria and of course, Geri, everything seems great in the Spice Girls camp. "So we’ve just played Madison Square Garden and it was amazing," she said.

"We finally did it as a five piece (the girls did it once before after I left) and I feel so delighted… mission almost accomplished. The energy and atmosphere were amazing."

The singer - nicknamed Ginger Spice, also spoke of her love for the Big Apple. "I love New York so, so much and I have had a blast here," says Geri.

And Halliwell has been enjoying the nightlife in the city that never sleeps: "I hit the ground running… enjoying the nightlife, the vintage shopping, the food and the people. I am in love with New York. I feel like I found a part of me that I had kind of forgotten.

"The Statue Of Liberty is in view as I write this and she certainly has Girl Power. New York has been liberating."

As the highly publicized reunion tour winds down, "I feel a mixture of sadness and joy," she writes. "I know it’s time to come home, yet I will miss everyone from the tour."

By Owen Williams, Feb 19 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker