Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ellen Page hit-outs at lesbian rumors

Ellen PageEllen Page hit-out at lesbian rumours last night saying she just wants to 'hug a woman with her legs in friendship.'

The 21-year-old 'Juno' star - who has been the subject of much lesbian speculation for her tomboy movie roles - poked fun at the gay rumors as she hosted the long-running U.S. comedy show Saturday Night Live.

In her lesbian sketch, Page returned home to her boyfriend jumping about for joy after 'going gay' at a Melissa Etheridge concert.

"It was awesome, I felt like I was an oil lamp that had never been lit - now I'm finally burning bright with sister fire," Page said. "There were so many cute short haircuts and I didn't care that I didn't have any make up on. I felt so free."

Her boyfriend in the sketch, comic Andy Samberg, said: "You've so gone gay."

Rolling on the floor and holding her legs, Page replied: "Gay, no way! But I don't really know what you mean by that though. Why does everything have to have a label?

"Why cant I just hug a woman with my legs in friendship?!"

In another sketch the actress took the mick out of her 'Juno' screenwriter Diablo Cody.

Page missed out on the best actress gong for Juno but former stripper Cody picked up the Academy Award for best script.

Page poked fun at Cody in her intro with U.S. funnyman Andy Samberg dressing up in drag.

In another skit, Page bounced about the stage playing highly-strung singer Miley Ray Cyrus in a hilarious skit called 'The Dakota Fanning Show' where she was interviewed by U.S. comedienne Amy Poehler as Fanning.

She also hammed it up playing a scene from 'The Other Boleyn Girl' in a tongue-in-cheek scene about 'riding.'

Hillary Clinton made a surprise visit to introduce the show where she praised comic Amy Poehler - who is often cast as Clinton in sketches about the democratic presidential hopeful. "I enjoyed that sketch a great deal because I love Amy's impression of me," Clinton said.

By Owen Williams, Mar 02 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker