Monday, March 3, 2008

Tony Romo denies engagement rumors

Jessica Simpson and Tony RomoJessica Simpson's quarterback beau Tony Romo has denied reports he's engaged to the singer/actress - insisting they're just "rumors."

"It's just rumors. That's what people say," Romo, 27, said at Monday's Cosmopolitan Fun Fearless Male of the Year Awards – where he was honored alongside Simpson's ex-boyfriend John Mayer and rumored former lover Dane Cook. "I guess [if] you date Jessica Simpson, that makes you fearless!" Romo joked.

Be the Dallas Cowboys star didn't dash hopes of a wedding in the future, saying, "I'm sure I'll get married one day. I don’t know when."

Romo also addressed rumors Jessica's dad, Joe Simpson played matchmaker. "I had met her dad a long time ago," he said. "He was there at the same time I met her, but it was indirect. You know, you just start talking. Some people take a liking to each other. Some don't."

By Owen Williams, Mar 03 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker