Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Jaime Pressly was convinced she was related to Elvis Presley

Jaime PresslyActress Jaime Pressly was convinced she was related to Elvis Presley when she was a child, she has revealed.

The My Name Is Earl star's grandfather jokingly told her that there had been a feud between the two families - resulting in a name change.

She said: "When I was a little kid there was a lot of teasing going on about me being related to Elvis.

"I went to my granddad and asked him, 'Is it true? Are we related to Elvis?'

"And he said that years ago there was a family feud between the Presleys, and half the family changed the spelling.

"And I said, 'Really?' And he said, 'I don't know. What do you think? Whatever you believe is true is true.'

"Then I asked my Uncle Tommy about it, and he went and got a picture of Elvis's dad and my grandfather and laid them down side by side, and they looked like brothers.

"I've never seen anything look so close in my life. Same sideways smile, same teeth, same eyes. And he said, 'See? It's not necessarily not the truth.'"

And mother-of-one Pressly, 30, admits she has made some mistakes in her career.

She tells US style magazine BlackBook: "There's a bunch of films I wouldn't have done, and it's not the nudity or anything like that; it's just that they're not great films.

"Once you do a film that does well, all of a sudden people get funding for distribution for that independent film you did eight years ago and then it comes out and you look like an asshole.

"Instead of one door closes and another one opens, it's sometimes like one door opens and another door shuts."

And she reveals that having a child - son Dezi, born last May - changed her life.

She said: "Having a child has completely changed everything.

"Even if you look at the design of my clothing, it's a whole new collection now. "Everything about it is different because it's more conservative, but it still has a sexy sophistication to it. Everything is that way with me since having a baby."

Pressly also said she hopes to wed DJ fiance? Eric Cubiche soon. She tells the March 2008 issue of the publication: "Knowing that we're not married, and that we're together because we want to be, that's what makes it great.

"We're here because we want to be here. We had a baby because we wanted to have a baby.

"When you put someone in a straight jacket, especially me in a straight jacket, all I want to do is rip it off and run.

"We got engaged as soon as we found out I was pregnant. And not for anybody else's sake, but just for the fact that I wanted a ring on my finger to solidify things."

By Gavin Wilson, Mar 04 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker