Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman believe in monogamous relationships

Scarlett Johansson and Natalie PortmanSexy actresses Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman have revealed they both believe in monogamous relationships.

But while blonde haired Johansson reveals she believes in monogamy because she would never be in a 'tarty' relationship', Portman insists while she would be faithful she doesn't believe in marriage right now.

Johansson revealed in the latest issue of W magazine: "I've been battered for saying that I don't believe humans are monogamous by nature.

"The response was, like: 'What a ho-bag!' I didn't mean that I don't practice monogamy in my own life-of course I do!

"I'm not going to be in some tarty relationship. But I stick by what I said.

"I remember another time, I said I get tested for AIDS twice a year, and again that got spun as me being promiscuous. But I was single at the time, and I think it's important to do that!"

And Portman added: "I'm into monogamy. But I'm not really into marriage right now.

"I sort of hate the legal aspect of it. What does the state have to do with it?

"Why are they making rules that say my lover can stay in the United States if they're foreign or share my health care benefits because I'm straight-but if you're gay, you can't have that?"

The gorgeous pair open up about marriage, sex and even politics as they grace the front cover of the latest issue of W magazine.

Looking sultry with dark vampish make-up and hugging each other close, the look is far different from the roles they play opposite each other in the upcoming movie The Other Boleyn Girl. In the film the pair play rivalrous siblings who vie for the affections of King Henry VIII.

The fictionalized plot details how the quiet and innocent Mary Boleyn was actually the mistress of King Henry VIII before her sister, the scheming and sassy Anne, made a play for his affections and eventually became queen. And even more unexpected than their having been cast as sisters is the fact that Portman plays Anne and Johansson is Mary.

In real life the pair seem like polar opposite - 23-year-old Johansson is a modern Marilyn Monroe, complete with platinum mane, fleshy curves and a sexy-throaty voice While the 26-year-old Portman, in contrast, is the very embodiment of delicacy and refinement: small, perfectly shaped features, boyish body and careful Ivy League diction.

But they are more alike than they seem - both preferring to shun the limelight with Johansson stating she would never dine out at the Ivy.

She told W magazine: "You're never going to find me at the Ivy. I don't care how good the Cobb salad is.

"These tabloid magazines-I think they're hideous and the downfall of society."

Menawhile Portman admits she is always branded the 'good girl' by the press, adding to Johansson: ""I get branded a lot as a good girl.
"I'm, like, the prude, and you're more sexy!

"The only thing that's a little bit annoying, is I feel that I come off kind of boring sometimes."

W magazine is on newsstands in the US this week and The Other Boleyn Girl opens in the US on February 29 and in the UK on March 7.

By Nicola Pittam, Feb 12 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker