Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rod Stewart used to play the bagpipes to wake up his daughters

Rod StewartMusic legend Rod Stewart used to wake his daughters up for school by playing the bagpipes, his daughter Kimberly has revealed.

Kimberley - Rod's daughter with ex-wife Alana Hamilton, said: "My dad gets this weird pleasure out of waking us up really early. He goes Boom, Boom, Boom on the door until you answer. He used to wake us up for school. He would sneak in our room the night before and hide alarm clocks, and every five minutes one would go off, and we’d have to find it. And he would play the bagpipes in the morning."

Kimberley, 28, also admits she was picked on at hight school because of who her dad was - and his choice of clothing: "They made fun of my dad wearing like leopard pants and pink shoes. Things like that," she said. "I was a little bit shy and embarrassed that my dad was Rod Stewart. Obviously I was proud of him, but you want to experience life on your terms and not always be someone’s daughter. I tried to fit in but it was difficult."

Kimberley, Sean and Ruby (Rod’s daughter with Kelly Emberg) live in a chic mini-mansion in the grounds of Rod’s hilltop chateau in Beverley Hills. Kimberley recently came across a surprise discovery that nearly bought her to tears. "I found an Andy Warhol of Mick Jagger," she said. "I was like, whoa! It was signed by Mick Jagger and signed to my mum and my dad, 'Love, Andy Warhol.' I’m a huge Warhol fan and that’s not my dad’s kind of art. I literally started crying I was so excited. What a cool thing to pass down to my children."

Of all the seven Stewart children, Kimberley and Ruby are especially close, with their modeling work, artistic talent and eye for fashion in common. "Family is really important," says Kimberley. "We’ve all tried to maintain some closeness, despite all the traveling and the craziness. That’s all due to our dad and our mums and everything being okay between them. We’re really fortunate that we all get along so well."

She added to Britain's Hello magazine: "Even though my dad’s a rock star, you’d be surprised how normal our lives are – other than having the beautiful things like this house."

By Owen Williams, Feb 12 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker