Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rihanna more excited about Brit Award than Grammy

Rihanna Rihanna's career is flying at the moment - she recently bagged a Grammy Award & has celebrated huge success with many of her singles - but the one thing the 'Umbrella' hitmaker is most grateful for is a Brit Award.

The singer - who turns 20 today, is bursting with pride that her music is appreciated across the pond.  "I’m more excited than the Grammys," she said. "The Brits are fantastic and I’m thrilled with my nomination."

The pint-sized singer - who's set to battle it out with Alicia Keys, Kylie Minogue, Bjork and Feist, in the Best International Female category, doesn’t reckon she’ll win the coveted gong - but is glad to be taking part.  "I’ve got my fingers crossed. It’s a tough category," she added.

What's she's most looking forward to, though, is her special performance with "badass" Brit band Klaxons.

She added to British newspaper The Sun: "They’re a badass band. I’m so excited to be working with characters like that. I was talking to Mark Ronson about our duet and he thinks it’s the coolest thing ever.

"I want to release our collaboration. It is so sick. I really wish we’d worked together earlier."

Since she shot to fame at the tender age of 17, after her single 'Pon De Replay' was released, Rihanna - who recently denied rumors she was dating rapper Jay-Z, clearly hasn't let the pressures of fame go to her head.

Adds Rihanna:  "It’s almost as if I’m looking at another person doing all this great stuff.

"I never look at myself as a pop star.

"I try to keep success away from me and watch it from afar."

And on her love life, she said: "There isn’t a lot of time for boys."

"I try to do what I can, though. I try to date a little but it’s tough."

By Owen Williams, Feb 20 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker