Monday, February 11, 2008

John Barrowman’s parents used to put him in the bin

John BarrowmanJohn Barrowman was such a cry-baby his parents put him in the bin to drown out the noise, he has revealed.

The actor, who starred in Dr Who spin-off Torchwood, said his mum and dad got so fed up with his tears they decided to take drastic action.

He said: "I never shut up. My mum and dad went to the doctor and said we can't get him to sleep, what do we do?

"They tried to get my brother and sister to take me out for walks but they would refuse after a while because everyone was just tired of it so my dad wrapped me in paper and put me in the bin outside."

Barrowman, who was born in Glasgow but moved to the States with his family at the age of nine, also admitted using a Scottish accent as a defence mechanism.

He said: "When I'm with my mum and dad or sister or brother we speak with a Scottish accent.

"It's a defence mechanism. When I was a kid young kids made fun of my Scottish accent and like any young kid out there I didn't like to be bullied.

"I tried to beat them at their game. I learned to speak like they did so they couldn't make fun of me. It just stuck with me," he said on ITV's This Morning.

By Kim Gregory, Feb 11 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker