Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Janet Jackson shrugs off claims her biological clock is ticking

Janet JacksonSuperstar Janet Jackson has shrugged off claims her biological clock is ticking and said she may be "allergic to marriage".

Friends and family have urged the 41-year-old get hitched and have kids while she still can.

But the twice-married pop star - who has been dating record producer Jermaine Dupri since 2002 - says she isn't in any hurry. "So many people were putting pressure on Jermaine, then they started pressuring me," she told one US magazine.

"Everybody would ask us about it - even friends."

But Jackson, who was married to James DeBarge from 1984 to 1985 and then to Rene Elizondo between 1986 and 1999, said: "If it's meant to happen, it'll happen. "I like where we are, and I'm happy where I am. I've done it twice before.

"I'm afraid I might be a jinx. I might be allergic to marriage."

As for children, she admits: "We both would love to have kids. "Someday I know it's going to happen.  Exactly when, I don't know."

Jackson has also said she's not obsessing about her biological clock, and has said she still has time to consider options such as having her eggs frozen.

The singer - whose new album Discipline is out on February 26 - added: "I've got to get a little more kid out of me first before I move on and be childish with my child."

By Owen Williams, Feb 13 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker