Thursday, February 21, 2008

Janet Jackson planning to marry Jermaine Dupri

Janet JacksonSuperstar Janet Jackson is planning to wed long-term love Jermaine Dupri - despite previously claiming she was "allergic to marriage".

The pop sensation has long sworn off marriage after two disastrous trips down the aisle, with her once fretting: "I'm afraid I might be a jinx."

But she appears to have overcome her fears and has been quietly been planning a wedding to producer Dupri who she has been dating since 2002.

Although Jackson, 41, has remained mum on her engagement, she recently approached top designers like Badgley Mischka asking for bridal gown samples. "She's preparing for her private nuptials," said one source.

It is a clear turn-around for the star. Only recently she told Parade magazine in the U.S.: "After two divorces, I thought I was jinxed. Maybe marriage isn't for me? Maybe it's my fault it never works."

Jackson's first marriage to James DeBarge broke down in 1985 after one year, and the second, to Rene Elizondo, ended in divorce in 1999 after 13 years together.

She recently hinted that marriage could be a possibility, saying: "If it's (meant) to happen, it'll happen."

But even then she raised her old fears, saying: "I've done it twice before. I'm afraid I might be a jinx. I might be allergic to marriage."

By Owen Williams, Feb 21 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker