Thursday, February 14, 2008

Jane Fonda said “cu*t” on the Today show

Jane FondaJane Fonda stunned American viewers today by saying "cunt" on breakfast TV.

Fonda was on the Today show - the most watched breakfast show in the States - when she clearly said the word during an interview.

Interviewer Meredith Vieira looked horrified - but said nothing, hoping viewers wouldn't realize. "It was pretty embarrassing," one viewer said. "But I guess you're asking for trouble if you decide to cover The Vagina Monologues stage show on family TV."

Fonda was being interviewed about V Day, a star-studded event to end violence against women that stemmed from the popularity of the Vagina Monologues.

Fonda let slip the offensive word when she recalled first getting involved in the Vagina Monologues. "It wasn't that I wasn't a big fan, but I hadn't seen the play - I live in Georgia," she said about the delay in getting involved.

"Then I was asked to do a monologue called 'c**t', and I said, 'I don't think so. I've got enough problems'.

"Then I came to New York and saw it and it changed my life. I was theoretically a feminist but I didn't always live it behind closed doors.

"When I saw the Vagina Monologues I'd never laughed or cried so hard in the theater. I think it was while I was laughing that something happened and I kind of slipped into my body and I've really changed."

Click here for a video clip.

By Lee Brown, Feb 14 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker