Monday, February 11, 2008

Carrie Underwood open to acting

Carrie UnderwoodCarrie Underwood says her next big project could be on the silver screen following her big win at the Grammys this weekend.

The 24-year-old 'American Idol' star revealed that she's already been offered some acting roles - but remained mum as to what.

"I’m not going to say what I turned down," she told reporters at Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party Saturday in Beverly Hills. "We have had some offers for different things, but nothing has really felt right."

The "Some Hearts" singer says she'd most most like to star in a light-hearted comedy. "I know I am not going to be the lead roles in some drama," she said, "but if a small fun part comes open, than yes."

But her acting debut will have to take a back seat - she's currently on the road with country music star Keith Urban.

"We have actually done a few shows, and it is going really great," she said. "The fans have been awesome. It’s been a lot of fun."

As to whether Keith's pregnant wife, Nicole Kidman will be joining them on tour, Carrie says, "I’ve actually met her quite a while ago — I don’t know how much I will see her.

"Touring is hard life when you are on the roadbut maybe!"

By Owen Williams, Feb 11 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker