Monday, February 11, 2008

Brendan Cole says he was brainwashed into becoming a ballroom dancer

Brendan ColeBrendan Cole says he was brainwashed into becoming a ballroom dancer as a child.

The Strictly Come Dancing star said his mum gave him no choice but to give dancing a go when she dragged him to a class when he was just six years old.

He said: "I didn't have a mind of my own trust me.

"I played all sports. It just happened that ballroom dancing was what I was good at.  Mum took me along and that was it."

Cole also revealed he left school at the age of 16 to become a builder.

After moving to the UK as an amateur dancer Cole made ends meet by getting a job as a roofer.  "I'm good with my hands. I enjoyed building and loved seeing something work," he said on ITV's Al Murray's Happy Hour.

By Owen Williams, Feb 11 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker