Friday, February 8, 2008

Amy Winehouse’s Grammy performance will be live via satellite from a London studio

Amy Winehouse RibenaAmy Winehouse is set to perform at Sunday's Grammy Awards - despite being denied her U.S visa.

The 'Rehab' star, 24, will perform live via satellite from a London studio.

"I’m raring to go and really excited to be performing at my first Grammy Awards,” Winehouse tells American magazine Us Weekly. "I’d like to thank everyone for their support over the last couple of weeks. I’m really sorry I can’t be there, but I appreciate that I'm being given a second chance via satellite."

In order to prepare for her highly anticipated performance, the soul diva is leaving rehab today but "will remain under full medical supervision and her treatment will continue as normal," her rep said.

Yesterday, the singer's rep confirmed was denied her visa but "has accepted the ruling and will be concentrating on her recovery."

Winehouse is up for six gongs, including Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "Rehab," Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album for Back To Black, as well as Best New Artist.

By Owen Williams, Feb 08 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker