Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mike Tyson working with Jamie Foxx to make a movie about his life

Mike TysonBoxing legend Mike Tyson is looking for his latest knockout - a blockbuster Hollywood movie about his life.

Iron Mike says he is well on his way with serious plans for a movie he will produce about his controversial and troubled life. And he is working hand-in-hand with Oscar winner Jamie Foxx, who plans to star as the former heavyweight champ in the movie.

"Jamie Foxx and I will be working together," Tyson insisted.  "He will play me in the film about my life. We already talked about it several times."

Meanwhile, the fighter also insists he is finally free of drugs for the first time - admitting he was never entirely sober, even when training for fights. "Even when I was training for a fight, there were no drugs, but I would drink," he admitted.

Tyson told a group of troubled kids in a Las Vegas center for juvenile delinquents that he got clean thanks to time spent in a rehabilitation clinic after having been thrown in jail in 2006 for cocaine. "I learned a lot about the system," he said.

But he also made it clear he was ready to turn around his life. "I had never been clean and sober my whole life. This is the first time.

"I'm tired of losing. I lost the trust of my family, my five kids.

"I didn't like that way of life and decided to change. I saw the devil and didn't want that," he finished.

By Lee Brown, Feb 24 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker