Monday, February 25, 2008

P Diddy moving to Hollywood to become a movie star

P DiddyRapper P Diddy is moving to Hollywood to "100 percent focus" on becoming a major movie star.

The hip hop hero is currently getting rave reviews for his TV debut 'A Raisin in the Sun', which he also appeared in on Broadway. Now he is looking to buy a mansion in Hollywood - and make a major attempt at breaking into the movie industry.

The star - real name Sean Combs - says he is happy to put music behind him so that he can pursue acting "with 100 percent focus".

"Every time I do a role I want to get better," added Diddy, who first showed acting talent in "Monster's Ball" and "Carlito's Way: Rise to Power."

He's working with Susan Batson, who's also Tom Cruise's acting coach, and will spend more time in L.A., where his ex, Kim Porter, lives with their twins. "I definitely want to be more bicoastal. It's been a dream of mine to have a serious acting career," he said.

He showed his dedication to his craft in preparing for 'A Raisin in the Sun'. To play Walter Lee Younger, originally played by Sidney Poitier, Combs delegated day-to-day operation of his music, TV, clothing and fragrance businesses, now estimated to be worth $500 million. "I moved out of my house and rented a two-bedroom apartment," he said, adding: "I even cut off my Blackberry.

Asked the secret of his success, the rapper said: "Well, everybody is dealt different cards, and with my father being killed when I was 3, and living with my mother in Harlem, I was not dealt a great hand. "But you have to have a big dream, and hold on to it.

"It takes a lot of hard work, a lot of discipline and a lot of sacrificing. Getting in earlier, and leaving later. "Corny as it is, in America, we have the blessing of freedom, that if we really, really work as hard as we can, we can make it."

He's not even letting women distract him - too much. "I'm 100% single right now," he admitted. "I'm working on myself right now, personally and artistically.

"It's a huge responsibility just being a good boyfriend, and I want to get myself right first before I jump over a broom."

By Lee Brown, Feb 25 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker