Friday, February 8, 2008

Mary J. Blige’s song ‘Roses’ is about being premenstrual

Mary J BligeMary J. Blige has revealed that he new song 'Roses' is about being premenstrual.

The 38-year-old R'n'B singer was inspired to record the ballad - which appears on her new album 'Growing Pains' - after having "one of those days" which all women can relate to.

Blige - who is married to producer Kendu Isaacs - said: "I'd had a terrible day the day before I recorded 'Roses' - I just wanted to be in a dark hole with sweet and salty things and not be bothered.

"My husband was asking what was wrong and I said, 'The exact same thing that was wrong with me last month.' I lost my cool, I lose my mind, I was really emotional. So the next day in the studio, my husband said, 'OK, talk about how you feel,' and I said, 'Give me the green light and I'm going for it.' I freestyled it.

"It is definitely a song for the chicks!"

Blige - who has overcome drug and alcohol addiction and suffered at the hands of abusive boyfriends - also revealed she finds it painful to perform her emotional song 'No More Drama'.

She added to Britain's Daily Telegraph newspaper: "I go through the emotion of being a child growing up in the projects, getting robbed, being shot at, having to fight physically every day of your life, going home to alcoholic aunts and every woman around you being beaten so badly by men you can't even understand it, and then growing up and realising you're repeating all those patterns, you're drinking the alcohol and doing the drugs and being abused by men, and the pain and frustration of not being able to stop it."

By Owen Williams, Feb 07 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker