Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lndsay Lohan blames her dad for the troubles that led her to rehab

Lindsay LohanWild child Lndsay Lohan blames her wayward dad for the troubles that led her to rehab.

The young star looked ready for a high-profile fall as she was arrested for alleged drink-driving after crashing her car and ended up in rehab.

Now Lindsay, 21, insists her woes were sparked from her dad Michael Lohan not being there when she needed him after splitting from her mum Dina. "Not seeing my father was really hard for me," she insisted.

"I didn't have a father to call, and that was a lot of the pain. Seriously I was just running away from what my home had become."

Lindsay - who insists she has now cleaned-up her act - admits that even she cannot believe some of her behaviour last year. "When I look back on this last year, it's like, 'what was I thinking'," she says.

However, she insists she was not as big a drunk or party girl as everyone assumed."I never was (drunk during the day) in my life, actually," she told a U.S. magazine.

Lindsay says she has two sides of her personality - the action-seeking party girl versus the homebody quiet girl. A lack of stable family, she says, led to the party girl being the only one around.

"I wasn't taking any time to just sit and live and breathe," she says.

"I was going, going, going, and that ran me down. It was a stressful. It upset me. I didn't have a father to call, and that was a lot of the pain.

"I have it in me to go, go, go. I'm still young. I love life. I love music and being around that. I love people, and I'm a very social person.

"But I also love being home, quiet and normal I've always been a homebody.

"Seriously I was just running away from what my home had become."

She believes she has learned her lessons thanks to rehab. "I've learned so much, though, like learning to love my life a different way and I wasn't taking the time to feel my feelings," she says.

"Being away and going to a place where I could learn about that and take the time with a clear mind to get back on the right track was nice."

And it helps that she is now closer to her family - including dad Michael.

"When I was home last time, I was there. It felt really good," she said.

"It was nice to be home. I'm a family girl. I love my family. I love them to death. They're amazing, and that's something you can't take for granted."

By Owen Williams, Feb 06 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker