Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lindsay Lohan’s mom says nude photos were ‘tasteful’

Lindsay Lohan and Dina LohanLindsay Lohan's mom has given her seal of approval to the nude photographs of her daughter in the latest issue of New York magazine.

The 'Mean Girls' star paid homage to Marilyn Monroe by recreating the late star's final nude photo-shoot, shot by famed photographer Bert Stern, who also shot Monroe's 'The Last Sitting' in 1962.

"It was very tastefully done," says Dina. "I respect the photographer as an artist, so I look at them artistically. For him to call Lindsay 46 years later and to say can you recreate these photos is an honor. I looked at it as art, and as Lindsay doing a character. So I don't look at them like it's Playboy; she was being a character. So if you look at it that way, you can look at it as a mother."

Dina revealed that had the photos been inappropriate, Lindsay's sister Ali would not have been allowed to visit the set. "Trust me, I wouldn't have sent my 14-year-old to the set [if the shoot was in bad taste]. And obviously Lindsay wouldn't do anything with her sister there, that was risqué."

Lindsay agreed to the shoot because of her love for Marilyn Monroe - who was found dead from an apparent drugs overdose in 1962.

"Lindsay was very excited when she first got the phone call," Dina tells People.com

"Of course we talked about how they would be done. Lindsay said, 'Mommy, I'm never going to get this opportunity to do it again.' She was very thankful she was asked."

"She has always loved Marilyn.

"For Christmas, my girlfriends even gave her a Marilyn cookie jar. I think there's a sadness that Lindsay feels for Marilyn. Lindsay really saw it as a gift back to someone."

By Owen Williams, Feb 20 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker