Friday, February 8, 2008

Kate Hudson mistook a manatee for a whale

Kate HudsonHollywood actress Kate Hudson had a whale of a time filming her new movie.

The actress came face to face with an Australian manatee - which she mistook for a massive whale - while she was filming diving scenes for 'Fool's Gold' down under.

The star showed U.S. chat show king David Letterman how she was scared stiff at the sight of the sea creature - and tried get her diving instructor up to the surface using facial expressions.

She told Letterman: "I was getting certified to scuba dive and I was doing my first open water dive.

"I was with my instructor when I look and all of a sudden there was like this whale tail behind her head.

"It was really murky water and I look and there's this huge whale tail and I just started freaking out.

"The instructor was telling me to calm down and I was like no way - making all these expressions."

"We finally went up and the first thing out of my mouth was, what the f-k was that?"

The star said she was relieved to find out it wasn't something that could eat her.

Hudson said: "She said it was a manatee - and as soon as she said that the entire boat dived in.

"Apparently its good luck for the rest of your like if you see one."

By Owen Williams, Feb 08 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker