Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ja Rule celebrates his musical comeback by getting another tattoo

Ja RuleRapper Ja Rule celebrated his big music comeback by adding to his bodyart collection at a reality TV tattoo studio.

The 'Always On Time' star had an inspirational scripture etched on his chest in front of the cameras at the LA Ink studio in Los Angeles.

He told tattoo artist Kat Von D and her staff he chose the Biblical story of Job because he has drawn strength from it during tough times.

Ja - real name Jeffrey Atkins - has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide but has seen his career slump. But he feels his fortunes are on the rise again with new album 'The Mirror'.

He said: "Job was one of God's loyalists.

"Satan came to God one day and said, 'He's only loyal because you give him everything.

"God took things away from him - his cattle, his family, gives him boils all over his body.

"Job has nothing still he didn't curse God. God gave him everything back, 10 times more.

"I feel like I'm Job. I had everything, had a bad point in my career where I had a bit of hate and now it's love again.

"I've got new deals and new riches.

"It's almost like I've been given everything back and more than I ever had.

"I feel like Job right now."

The script from Job 1:21 reads: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; May the name of the Lord be praised."

By Owen Williams, Feb 20 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker