Sunday, February 24, 2008

Helen Mirren knitted a scarf for her “naked man” Oscar

Helen MirrenSerial award-winner Dame Helen Mirren revealed she has knitted a scarf for her "naked man" Oscar to keep him warm.

The acting great, speaking on the red carpet before the prestigious Oscars ceremony tonight, said: "He's not naked in my house.

"I have knitted him a little scarf."

Dame Helen also told Ryan Seacrest she keeps her Oscar with her SAG award, which is a naked man holding a mask. But she is convinced they come alive at night and move because she keeps finding them in strange places in the morning.

She said: "I put the two of them together.

"What frightens me is what they get up to, and the fact that I put them there and then in the morning they are somewhere completely different.

"I wonder what's happened."

Dame Helen also laughed off Seacrest's claim she is more popular than the Queen. She said: "She is extremely popular right now all over the world and especially in Britain.

"I think there is a new wave of love for her washing over the world.

"I don't think I'm more popular."

By Iain Burchell, Feb 25 2008 © Copyright 2008 - Showbiz Spy

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker